My last blog post about “Unmapped Places in Europe” was read by more then 800 people. So I think it’s time to redo the analyses a second time after three months. At the moment (March 11th, 2011) we have (according to the Geofabrik extract) 505091 places in OpenStreetmap Europe. They can be separated into the following place-types:
- city=1055 (as of Dec. 5th, 2010 it was 1045 -> +1%)
- town=16106 (as of Dec. 5th, 2010 it was 16032 -> +0.5%)
- suburb=24913 (as of Dec. 5th, 2010 it was 23563 -> +6%)
- village=278691 (as of Dec. 5th, 2010 it was 271147 -> +3%)
- hamlet=184326 (as of Dec. 5th, 2010 it was 165804 -> +11%)
During my last and also during this analysis I *only* used those places that had a corresponding “village”-value. My tool works so far as followed:
- Get only places with a village-tag.